Friday, June 26, 2009

First Father's Day!


This was Jeff's first Father's Day. I didn't want to forget to let him know how much I appreciate all he does for me and for McCoy. He is a great dad. You know, the type that every kid loves to have because he is loads of fun. That is Jeff. McCoy just adores him and loves to play with him. Jeff teaches McCoy so many fun things. I think McCoy copies Jeff because he wants to be just like his dad. One of my favorite things that Jeff and McCoy do together is chase each other. Jeff will say, "I'm gonna get you," and McCoy will giggle and start to crawl away as fast as possible. He will then turn around to see if Jeff is still coming then quickly turn back to continue crawling, often times he ends up falling because he is too excited. Jeff will then get him and tickle him. I love it! Sometimes when I'm in another room Jeff will get McCoy to follow him down the hall to surprise me. It is fun. I always knew Jeff would be a great dad by the way that he interacts with his nieces and nephews. I know he and McCoy will be best buddies forever and I couldn't ask for more. Today while McCoy was napping I decided to go lay down. Soon after McCoy started crying. Jeff went in to get him back to sleep, the crying indicates that the nap was not long enough. I didn't hear McCoy anymore until just before I woke up. I came out to see the boys playing and asked Jeff how long McCoy slept and how he kept McCoy quiet while I napped. He said that he pulled McCoy out of his crib and put his blanket over him. He then came and sat on the couch to see if he could get McCoy back to sleep. He snuggled him while he was watching tv. About every other minute Jeff would look down and McCoy would just be smiling up at him. Then McCoy fell back to sleep but Jeff was having so much fun snuggling that he just held McCoy for the rest of his nap. I love to hear that! He is a great father! I know he and McCoy will be best buddies forever and I couldn't ask for more.

Oh and don't you love his new glasses. He has needed them for about 8 years now. He should have gotten them sooner because wow, he is SEXY!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy 1st Father's Day Jeff! So special!! There's nothing sweeter than watching our hubbies play with these little ones.

Love the new glasses...Jody just got some too. So now Jodes and Jeff look even more alike! :)

Natalie said...

You know what's funny - I had Rhett try on Jeff's glasses back at the bank after her first got them (you know, back when we all had jobs), and I definitely think they are sexy glasses! Jeff has good taste. And he's such a good dad. You guys are a great family. We miss you!

Natalie said...

*after HE first got them. Sorry.