Friday, June 26, 2009

Blogger catch-up

For Mother's Day Jeff bought me a new digital camera. I am so excited about it! I had wanted a smaller one so that it was easier to carry around. I love it! It is a Nikon Coolpix S230 and it is purple. It has gotten lots of use so far. Here are a few of the things I have captured on film. (Sorry, it will be a long post!)

McCoy went swimming for his first time. Okay this isn't his first time swimming because I didn't have my camera yet but this is his second time. He LOVES swimming! I should have guessed it though, he loves his baths.



We have had fun sitting outside on the grass. We just put McCoy on the grass on his tummy to see what he would do. Obviously he doesn't really love grass but since this he has gotten use to it more.



We played with cousins.


Had a baby shower.


Decided to low ride our pants.


Show off the cheesy grin and McCoy's 2 bottom teeth.


Learn how to clap.


Play in our fun swimming pool (Thanks McCoy Family) while the dog played with the hose.


Slept like an angel.



I don't have a picture of this but McCoy also learned how to stand on his own. He is still a little wobbly but he is determined to walk soon. He can stand on his own for a long time and basically stands all day long. I love my little wiggle worm!

Last of all we ended up going down to St. George this last weekend to pick up the last of our items. We ended up finding a better deal through U-Haul if we picked up the truck in Layton and returned it to Layton. The only problem was that the truck just had 2 bucket seats. I was nervous about driving down to St. George alone so we called Jeff's sister, Lisa to see if she and her family would like to go with us. Lisa and her 3 kids, Carly, Chandler and Weston, left at 4:00 on Friday with McCoy and me. Thank goodness for the kids, they really kept McCoy entertained. With one stop in Beaver we ended up making it to the condo at 9:30. Jeff and Mike left at 7:30 and made it down to the condo around 12:30. We were able to surprise our friend Brian and introduce him to McCoy. The kids did lots of swimming and I did some shopping. We had dinner with family at a mexican restaurant and then went to Jeff's Mom's house for a bbq one night. On Saturday night we were able to go to Cruz McCoy's 2nd birthday party. It was so good to see some of our friends from St. George. Cruz loves construction equipment so that was the theme of his party and Brittney made the cutest front loader cake. Of course we stayed up too late every night. All I know is vacations with a baby are not that easy. The sleeping was difficult and the naps did not work too well. It was so fun though. McCoy was in heaven playing all day with his cousins and his fun aunt and uncle.

2 comments:

Ju and Brack said...

Cute pictures. Love my stinker pants to death!

mike and lisa said...

Aunt Lisa and Uncle Mike are going through McCoy withdraws (told you that would happen). It was a fun weekend spent with you and your family. We love you guys!!