Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Weekend


We had a really fun Halloween weekend. On Thursday night we had our ward Halloween party. Jeff and I are part of the activities committee but because of the new little one we didn't take part in planning this activity. It was a hit though. All the kids dressed up and some of the adults did too. Jeff went as Luigi, I went as a devil (not sure that is the best costume for a ward activity at the church, should have thought it through), and McCoy was a chili pepper. They had games in each of the classrooms for the kids to play where they would win a toy or treat for playing. There were glazed donuts and homemade rootbeer for refreshments. It was fun.

On Halloween we had a family party at my parent's house. Even Kris and the family came. It was so fun to have the kids here. First we went out trick-or-treating. This neighborhood reminds me of the neighborhood I grew up in. There are so many kids and it's a close-knit neighborhood, we know everyone. I remember going to every house in our neighborhood growing up but the kids only hit a few houses. I guess usually they do a trunk or treat and so this house to house thing is different. When we got home we had dinner, soup in cute pumpkin bread bowls and salad. Ju Ju and I planned some fun games. First we played pumpkin bowling. We had 2-liter bottles lined up as the pins and a pumpkin for the bowling ball. The kids really enjoyed this. Brody wanted to play with the pumpkin all night. I was surprised that he could pick up the pumpkin. Peter was being so funny and kept walking over and hitting down the bottles. Every time we would cheer for the person bowling Peter would throw his arms up and make his "proud" smile. He was very tired and so he was absolutely hilarious. Next we played Halloween bingo. Then a game called Trick-or-Treat. You had to pull a piece of paper out of the pumpkin and you would either have to do a trick to earn your treat or you would get the treat paper. It was so funny. I had to do a somersault, which let me tell you was strange. I don't know the last time I did a somersault and I was dizzy right after. Erica did a cartwheel, even though she is pregnant. Bob walked like a spider. Bracken danced like a fairy, it was hilarious! Dad walked like Frankenstien. Jeff flapped like the wings of a bat. Emma made a scary face. Nate made a silly face. Sadly I don't remember what Kris and Mom did. The kids wanted to play again so we let them draw again a few times. Jake got the flap like the wings of a bat. He ran around and started pretend biting people and yelling "Now you have rabies." I have no idea where that came from, kids are funny. Last we played Pumpkin Toss. We tied a plastic pumpkin around the waist of one spouse and the other had to try to throw as many candy corn in the pumpkin as possible in 1 minute. Brack and Ju one, no surprise. We then went back upstairs for dessert, Spider Oreos, Witches Hats and a Pumpkin shaped cake. All in all it was so fun!


Ju Ju and Bracken-Hicks


Erica-Ballerina Witch, Bob-Biker, Brody-Ninja


Nat-Devil, Jeff-Bull Rider, McCoy-Chili Pepper


Kris-Cat, Jacob-Anakin, Emma-Hannah Montana, Peter-Monster


Mom-Cruella De Vil, Dad-Indiana Jones

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I love your mom and dads outfit. I can sure remember going trick or treating with you, and the rest of the crew,I think I know where some pictures are. I should find them and e-mail to you and Erica..lol. I remember one Halloween with you, me, and Emily W going and then her mom made us breakfast after we got done T&T. I loved T&T in the old hood, cuz everyone knew everyone.
Oh to be young again.