Thursday, October 30, 2008

Smiley Boy!


I just thought I'd share a few photos of McCoy that we have taken over the last few weeks. Things have gotten into kind of a routine and that has been nice. I have to say that I'm quite spoiled because McCoy gets up only once a night now. Seriously, the other night he slept from 10 to 5. I couldn't believe it. I know that there is a chance that will change so for right now I am definitely loving it. He truly is a good baby. The evenings are a little hard right now. He tends to cluster feed, meaning that he wants to eat frequently in the evening and is kind of fussy until he is fed. Maybe this is why he is sleeping so well at night. He is a very happy boy first thing in the morning and just after he eats. He gives us lots of smiles and they are truly smiles. He smiles as a reaction to me, Jeff, Aunt Ju Ju, Grandma and Grandpa. In fact I can tell now by looking at his face when he is going to give us smiles. I know it seems early but as you can tell in the pictures, it truly happens. I love being a mom. It is nice when Jeff gets home though in the evening to relieve my arms. Also I am spoiled rotten because I have Aunt Ju Ju here all the time and she has been a life saver through my recovery. McCoy already loves her and can recognize her voice. Another good thing is that Cede loves McCoy. She thinks she needs to be by him all the time. Every time I change his diaper she has to come over and give him kisses. A good majority of my day is spent holding the boy and the dog. We are happy that the transition has gone well for her though because she is part of the family. From what we can tell McCoy seems to like Cede too. He just stares and stares at her. It is so cute, a little boy and his dog.











2 comments:

Lizz said...

What a smiley baby, he's so cute!!! We have the same blanket with the puppies and the moons.

The Desatoff Family said...

Oh, Natalie, what a beautiful baby! You two are going to have so much fun with your boy :) I'm so glad you are near your family and they are so much of a help to you. Those first few months are tough! You look beautiful and happy! Being a mommy fits you well :) Talk to you later...

Robin