Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy Busy

Things have been busy around here lately. Well I guess it hasn't been necessarily busy but I definitely have one little guy that holds my attention all day. I can't complain though. I love him to pieces.

Here are a few things that have been going on:

My parent's basement is finally finished! They have been waiting months for it to be done and now we are living down there.

Jeff went to St. George the weekend that the basement was finished and picked up our furniture and our other things that we were storing. I'm glad he went because I didn't have many winter clothes and it was beginning to get cold.

McCoy has gotten so big! Just over a week ago we took him to the doctor because I was sure he had reflux. I was correct. We are trying one medication right now but may be changing to a different medication at his 2 month well check this Friday. The medicine has been helping but not completely taking it away. It is very sad to see him in pain. At that appointment he weighed in at 9 lbs. 14 oz. He had gained 14 oz. in just over 2 weeks. He is becoming more alert and talkative every day. He coos constantly and is quite a happy boy, when he isn't in pain.

Of course there was Thanksgiving this last Thursday. We had a great time at Jeff's Dad's house. It was so fun to be able to see the majority of Jeff's siblings. McCoy was able to meet some family members for the first time. He was such a good boy that day, I was so grateful! I wish I had pictures but my camera was dead when I went to get it. Hopefully I'll be able to get some from Angie or Annette. I love Jeff's family. I have always felt completely comfortable around them and they are so much fun!

Friday I didn't go out early to face the crowds. There really wasn't anything that was worth getting up that early for. I did go out later in the day for a few hours to get some things but the crowds were gone by then. The good news is that I don't have much more to get for Christmas. I don't enjoy going out shopping at the malls and things around Christmas because it is so busy so I'm happy to know I only need to make 1 or 2 more trips.

Saturday we spent the day trying to organize our things in the basement. Moving isn't fun, even if it is just from upstairs to downstairs. We also needed to get the house clean for Sunday because...

McCoy was blessed today. It was so wonderful and I will do a whole separate post about it. All I can say is Jeff did a great job! Thanks to all those who were able to make it. I will have pictures of McCoy in his cute blessing outfit, but I have to get them from my sisters.

Here is a cute little video of McCoy and Aunt Ju Ju. She can always get him to talk a lot and smile so much. She is such a great aunt and I don't know what I would do without her. McCoy loves her and she is practically his second mom. He was just beginning to coo really loud instead of the soft little coos and now he can really go crazy. I'll have to try to get another video, it is quite cute. Sorry it is crooked. I'm just now getting this posted (Dec 9th) because I had a hard time getting the video up.

No comments: