Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Past the Due Date

I went to the doctor today. So obviously yes the baby is still in there. I had an NST because I'm past my due date. They checked my fluid levels and they were 18 which is quite high for being over. My placenta is also in great condition so things are fine for the little one. He is in the perfect position to come out, head down, spine up. In fact his head is so low that as long as I dilate fine I may not have to push much. The nurse midwife was surprised by how low he is. His heart rate did drop a little toward the end of a really long contraction so I had to stay on the monitor extra long but he was fine through all the others. The doctor isn't too concerned about it but they want me to come back on Friday for another NST. I then went to see the nurse midwife because my doctor is out of town. I'm dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced. I'm just waiting to go into labor. We'll see what happens in the next few days, hopefully I'll go into labor naturally because I'm not really looking forward to being induced. But obviously I'm fine being induced because he can't stay in there forever. Anyway, that is what is going on with me and the little one. Hopefully within a week we will have some fun pictures of him to post on here. I will most likely have Ju Ju or someone in my family make a post on here as soon as we have him, so you won't be in the dark!

3 comments:

THE CHRIS' said...

Good luck! Cherish every moment, he will be beautiful and you will do great!

Meghan said...

Hang in there, Nat! I'm so excited for you. Just think...Tomorrow you are one day closer than you were today! He'll come when he's good and ready and he will be perfect! Can't wait to see this beautiful boy! I'm betting he has your big beautiful brown eyes!

The Desatoff Family said...

You're so close! I can't wait to see pictures :) Put your feet up, Nat! You've earned it.

Robin