Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Nest?

Today my friend Brittney dropped by the house to bring Jeff a birthday present. As she was leaving she asked if the wreath on the front door was suppose to have a birds nest on it. I was very confused and asked, "What?" She said, "Well on Good Things Utah they were saying that it is a big thing to put a birds nest on your wreath right now. As I was standing at your front door I noticed there is a nest on the wreath and wondered if it had come that way." We went to look at it and sure enough there is a nest. I stopped to think for a moment to decide if my mom would choose a wreath with a nest and then realized I was there when she picked this one out. No there wasn't a nest when she bought it. So some birds have decided that my mom's wreath is a great place to live and have created a nest at the bottom. Some of the twigs and things have fallen at the doorstep. It is quite interesting. I guess we don't have to create the effect because the real thing is already there. It was definitely a fun story to call my mom and tell her. I wonder how long it has been there.

No comments: