Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Last Few Weeks

Here is what we have been up to lately...


A little April Fool's Day fun.


Easter Egg Hunting is exciting!

Mini Photo Session


Enjoying a day in the sun. (Don't worry we used sunscreen)


Helping Grandma. He loves laptops!


Just sitting there being a little charmer.

A Lot of This:


Starting to climb on things.

Most Recently This:


He has begun to pull himself up on to everything!

Needless to say we have had a lot of falls and a little crying. He still isn't up into a full crawl but has perfected the army crawl/scoot and can get anywhere VERY fast! I'll have to get the crawl on video. He pulls his feet up by his bum and pushes with his toes and pulls with his arms. He is also a professional at downward dog. Why is it that every child is interested in the dog's food and water? As soon as I put McCoy down upstairs he quickly makes his way to the tile and toward the kitchen to the dog's things. Poor dog probably starves from me picking up her things. I love the picture of McCoy with my mom. If there is a laptop on the floor he will find it. He, like most kids, loves the keyboard. So there is a lot of "helping" Grandma on the computer. It's a good thing he is so cute. I almost forgot his 6 month stats. He weighed 15 lbs 5oz, 25th percentile, length 27 inches, 75th percentile, and head circumference 17.5 inches, not sure what that is I think around 50th percentile. He is long and lean, just like his dad.

Another silly thing about McCoy is that he loves Glenn Beck. While eating dinner we will often put him in the exersaucer to play. My dad will usually be watching Glenn Beck during dinner. Sometimes McCoy will be whinny but as soon as he hears Glenn Beck's voice he calms down. I am not sure what it is about his voice but McCoy is only interested in him. It is hilarious to see.

While the weather has been nice lately Jeff has been able to get out and golf some. He has enjoyed going with friends and family. You can find Jeff, my dad, my brother Bob and my brother-in-law Bracken on the golf course almost every Saturday. He has also turned into McCoy's crawling toy. We call him Jungle Jeff because McCoy will just crawl all over him. Thank goodness for dads!

I have been spending most of my days chasing McCoy around. I have my hands full but it is the best! I also get to spend a lot of time with my mom and sisters which is also wonderful. Just this last Monday my mom and I were able to go with Julianne to her big ultrasound. The babies are growing great. She did find out a few weeks ago what she is having, two girls and a boy. After the appointment we went with Kris and Peter to lunch at Chili's. Monday morning Erica and Bob had their second baby, Gavin. So we all went to visit them in the hospital.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I miss you guys! It's time to hang out again. And obviously, I miss my secret crush, McCoy!

McCoy Family said...

McCoy is getting so big. He is so cute. Thanks for the invite to your blog. I love seeing what you guys are doing and those cute pics of you all. I love your hair short. Tell Julieann Congrats on 2 girls and 1 boy-man instant family. Hope all is well.