Saturday, April 4, 2009

He's Mobile!

McCoy has definitely been keeping me busy the last little while. The day after the last post I wrote he figured out how to scoot around. He decided it was time to be mobile. A few days after that he started an army crawl. He continues to just do the army crawl but man can he move. If he sees something across the room that he really wants, such as the laptop, he is over to it in seconds. While playing with his toys he likes to get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. I realize that it is just a matter of days maybe weeks before he is doing a real crawl on his hands and knees. Although this army crawl is definitely working for him so who knows, he may stick with it. He amazes me with his strength. He also loves to go up on his toes and hands and stick his bum way up in the air. It is crazy to see. So needless to say I spend a lot of my day chasing my boy or making sure that he has enough toys around to keep him happy. I love my crazy boy so much.

Another one of his favorite things to do right now is spit. He likes to stick his tongue out and blow air so his lips vibrate. He thinks it is funny. He also likes to scream when playing with his dad. Jeff will scream and McCoy will copy him. He is funny. The other night McCoy was in his bathtub and Jeff came in to play with him. Jeff would duck down and jump up and say "boo." When Jeff would duck down McCoy would stick his head up as high as he could and try to see Jeff over the side of the tub. It was hilarious. He does this often now.



Obviously we are greatly entertained by McCoy. As for other things, I'm still loving my short hair. It takes at least half the time to do my hair now than it use to. It is so nice to not have my hair laying on my back all the time and not up in a ponytail all day. Jeff has been up to the usual, work. He is sad to leave in the morning because McCoy is so fun, but he plays with McCoy all evening. Those two boys love each other SO much.



Tomorrow my baby turns 6 months old. I can't believe that! I'm still just amazed. It seems like so long ago that he was a newborn. My life couldn't be more blessed at this moment. To have a beautiful, healthy baby boy and so much family around to love him as much as I do has been wonderful! He has an appointment on Monday so I'll do a post then with his stats.

6 comments:

Ju and Brack said...

Love, love, love him! We can't get enough of that cute smile and fun personality! We are lucky to have him in our family! Love you McCoy!

rdelight said...

Nat, he is so darn cute! And i can't believe how big he's getting! The world of mobility is a whole new thing... oh my, you're going to love it. We need to get together soon. Call me!

Brittany said...

McCoy is such a gorgeous baby!...and a determined one too. He'll be passing up army crawling in no time. He just wants to be on the go!! (Just enjoy it while YOU'RE still faster than him...) :)

Cher said...

He's so so cute Nat!! I wanted to let you know, Kami and I and another friend meet up on Fridays at the Hidden Valley Park for lunch and to let our kids play. It would be so fun if you would come with us. my email is cherlynntwitchell@yahoo.com. email me and I will give you my phone number and if you want to come you totally should, it's such a fun couple of hours!!

Jacee McGuire said...

He is such a cute boy! It makes me sad, I wish that Cade and McCoy could play more. They would have so much fun. I can't believe that they are 6 months, it goes way too fast. McCoy is a mover, just like Kens, she was doing the army crawl at 6 months too. Our little Cade is pretty easy going and is just ready to stand and walk everywhere. I do love your short hair, I am trying to decide how short I want to cut mine. I need to do it soon before I go crazy! Love you guys!

Natalie said...

We need to hang out with you guys again soon! He was just starting to scoot a tiny bit the last time I saw him. He is such a stud.

And the picture in the slideshow on your sidebar... um gorgeous! You're a little hottie!