Friday, June 29, 2007

Deal or No Deal!

Jeff and I have had a deal going for almost a year now. The deal is that if I can learn to keep a clean house I am allowed to have a baby. I agree with the deal because I believe no baby should live in a messy house, the child needs to have a good environment to go grow up in. Now for those of you that have lived with me or know me very well I am not the cleanest person. My clothes rarely make it to the closet or hamper when I take them off. They usually end up on the bed, the floor of the closest or the chair in our bedroom. I rarely take the time to actually put away my blow dryer or straightener after I use them, so after a few days I have things all over the bathroom. This drives my poor husband crazy because he is slightly OCD and wants a clean home. The thing he hates the most is if I come through the front door with things in my hands, they aren't put where they belong right then, they usually end up right next to the front door on the floor in our front room. He is always picking things up after me. I think there is truly something in my brain that keeps me from doing these simple tasks of putting things away. For example, if I decide that I want to eat a granola bar while sitting in my bed when I'm done my thought process is to set the wrapper on the night stand and I'll throw it away in a minute. (The wrapper sits there for days.) Jeff doesn't understand how I can't just get off my butt and throw the wrapper away right then. I really don't know why I can't, I just don't think to do it that way. You have to understand though, I do clean once a week, I'm not disgusting, just messy. So this is my attempt at changing. I had a good excuse when I was working full time in St. George. I told Jeff, "I am working just as much as you and I cannot be expected to clean this 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhouse by myself." The idea was to split the house into 2 and I would have my rooms to clean and he would have his. I attempted to keep my area of the house clean, which lasted for maybe a week. I just kept getting busy and forgetting. We are now living in a one bedroom apartment in North Carolina for the summer so I am going to finally become a clean person. I figure I can handle two rooms, one bathroom and a kitchen right? Yesterday I did a full cleaning and Jeff was so amazed. I told him to expect it for the rest of the summer. Maybe if I can keep this up my townhouse won't be that bad when i get home. So everyone think of me every time you are cleaning your house and hope that I am also cleaning mine. Here goes, maybe in a month or two you will be hearing some kind of baby news, I guess if you do, you'll know I kept a clean house!

No comments: