Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Fun Week!




Things have been quite fun around here the last week. First of all I got my hair cut on Wednesday. If you didn't know, or couldn't tell, I have been gradually cutting my hair shorter and shorter. Well I decided this time I was going to cut it shorter than my shoulders. Jeff has only seen my hair this short in pictures. I went to my wonderful hairdresser and told her how short I wanted it but did not know what style. (She also colored my hair darker, which I love and need because I have gray hairs!) I told her I wanted to keep my bangs but for her to just do whatever she thought would look good. Most of the time hair dressers love me because I'm not too picky and I often just tell them to choose how to do my hair. She did an awesome job! I don't know what others think of my hair but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Thanks Nikki!



Jeff plays on one of our ward basketball teams. (There are 2 in our ward.) They are playing awesome this year. They had a game today which they won putting them in to a spot for the final four teams in the region. We have only gone to see 2 games, I know we are bad but some have been really early. McCoy loves watching basketball on tv and loves it just as much in person. We are excited to go watch Jeff play on Saturday!

McCoy of course is changing daily. On Monday night he was playing on the floor on his stomach as usual and did a few push ups. Meaning he was up on his hands and his toes. By today he has started pushing up so high that he sticks his bum in the air. He wants to move forward so bad! He is really good at moving around in circles and can inch his way forward a little but that kid is dying to crawl. Tonight he started bending in his left leg while he was up on his toes. I'm afraid he may be crawling too soon. I'm excited to see his changes but as he becomes more mobile he doesn't want to be held or snuggled as much. He is also so wiggly while being held. When I was little I loved sitting on my dad's lap and he called me his "wallorer" because I couldn't hold still. I think McCoy is my little wallorer! We love his little personality. One of our favorite things is that when he sees you he gives this huge smile and pulls his hands up to his face because he is so excited. He can look away for 5 seconds, look back and smile at you just like it is the first time he has seen you in days. McCoy has also started to really notice Cede. He will just lay on his stomach and watch her play. He has started reaching out to her and petting her. Well it isn't really petting as much as grabbing or hitting but she doesn't mind either way. Harley, Julianne's dog, loves to play. She thinks that McCoy is laying on the ground trying to play with her. It is so cute!

Practicing his push ups

Starting to get mad because he wants to crawl

Checking out Cede

Cede giving him a kiss. I realize that some people are
probably freaking out about this but I won't let her kiss
him more than twice and really how am I going to keep
this from ever happening.

Getting in their starting postitions to play

Let's Go!


(Sorry for the picture overload. I couldn't help it. He was just too cute today!)

5 comments:

Erica said...

i just adore that little guy! You need to put him in that outfit the next time Brody sees him- he'd LOVE it! "Buddah!!" Cute pictures- and I love your haircut!

Karl & Leslie said...

I think your hair looks cute! You're a cute mom! I can't believe he is already starting to scoot. I still think he is like 2 weeks old! He is so cute.

Julie said...

Nat, you look so much like your mom in that picture. I love the hair cut!

Nicole Andra said...

What a cute kid!! Thanks for the blog invite, it's so good seeing you and your beautiful family! Keep in touch

jeannine said...

McCoy is such a cutie pie! Also I love your new hair. Very cute! Once again you are beginning to look like s super model!